For Internal Applicants
Jefferson has a diverse and wide-range of positions, and it is our philosophy to promote our employees' career development by providing and encouraging the use of the Transfer Program. Please read below for transfer eligibility and guidelines, and refer to the Recruitment Policy for more details. In general, you must be in your current position for one year, be in good standing, and must have satisfactory performance evaluation.
Employees applying for job opportunities must apply through Employee Self-Service. After you login, select Careers under Recruiting.
To grow your career, the Department of Human Resources’ Learning & Development Center offers many professional development opportunities for free throughout the year, for all staff levels. Whether you want to enhance your resume or learn more about the supervisor role, there’s something for every skill level.
To qualify for a transfer within Jefferson, the following requirements must be met:
- The completion of a minimum of one (1) year of service in the current position
- A performance evaluation completed in the last year of effective or better
- Attendance record must be acceptable by Jefferson policy guidelines
- No written warnings within the last 12 months
- Employees applying for job opportunities must apply through Employee Self-Service.
- Your qualifications and most recent performance evaluation will then be reviewed by the appropriate Talent Acquisition Specialist and hiring supervisor (if skills and background are appropriate).
- In arranging transfer, the salary offer and start date will be coordinated by the Talent Acquisition Specialist. Transfer will take place within one month from the date of offer and must take place at the beginning of a pay period.
For more information, please contact your HR Business Partner.