Medical & More
Medical & Prescription
Jefferson offers three medical plans administered by Aetna. All plans include prescription coverage. Employees who complete the LiveWell@Jeff wellness program receive a wellness credit applied to their medical premium the following year.
- Platinum PPO Plan
- Gold PPO Plan
- Silver PPO Plan
The PPOs allow complete freedom of choice of providers. Members have the lowest out-of-pocket costs when using the Jefferson Network, but the plans also have an Aetna Network and out-of-network level of coverage. No referrals are required, although some services do require pre-certifications.
MedImpact administers the prescription plan. Prescriptions for up to a 30-day supply of medication can be filled at any retail pharmacy, with lower out-of-pocket costs if filled at a Jefferson pharmacy. Maintenance medications can be filled at a Jefferson pharmacy or via MedImpact home delivery.
Davis Vision administers the vision plan. It covers eye exams, spectacle lenses, frames and contact lenses. Members have the lowest out-of-pocket costs when using participating providers, but the plan also has partial reimbursement when using out-of-network providers.
Jefferson offers the choice of two dental plans. Both plans cover preventive, basic and restorative, and major services. The Platinum plan also covers orthodontia.
Jefferson provides full and part time employees with basic life, basic accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), and business travel accident insurance. Employees can supplement the basic insurance with the following insurance options:
- Supplemental employee life insurance & AD&D – 1x – 5x pay
- Spouse life insurance - $25,000, $50,000, $75,000 or $100,000
- Child life insurance - $10,000 or $20,000
Jefferson provides basic short term disability (STD) and long term disability (LTD) coverage to full time employees.
- Short term disability: Jefferson provides basic STD of 50% of weekly salary. Employees may choose supplemental coverage of 66 2/3%. Full time Faculty, Senior Administrators and House Staff have salary continuation during a disability of up to 6 months.
- Long term disability: Jefferson provides basic LTD of 50% of monthly salary up to $12,500 per month. Employees may choose supplemental coverage of 60% or 66 2/3%. Full time Clinical Faculty and House Staff have a separate LTD program.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Jefferson offers two types of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) to help employees save tax dollars on certain health care and dependent care expenses.
- Healthcare FSA: This plan allows you to contribute on a pre-tax basis up to $2,650 a year for IRS qualified medical, dental, vision expenses not covered by insurance such as co-pays and deductibles.
- Dependent care FSA: This plan allows you to contribute on a pre-tax basis up to $5,000 a year ($2,500 if married and filing separately) for dependent care services such as daycare, before/after school care, and elder care.
Enrolling in Benefits
Employees will enroll in benefits online using Employee Self-Service (ESS). To enroll from home, visit https://login.Jefferson.edu. For technical assistance, please call IS&T at 215-955-7975.