Nurse Residency Program Frankford, Torresdale, Bucks
Jefferson Bucks, Frankford, and Torresdale Hospitals offer an exciting opportunity to our newly graduated nurses. The Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency Program™ focuses on leadership, patient outcomes and professional role.
The Nurse Residency Program delivers a supportive environment resulting in better use of clinical decision making skills, enhanced leadership and improved incorporation of research-based evidence into practice.
As a Nurse Resident you will interact with Content Experts on a wide variety of clinically relevant topics to enhance and optimize the care you deliver. You will experience camaraderie with peers, partake in evidence-based research, and discover a world of lifelong learning that will let you flourish in your career choice and strengthen your commitment to the profession of nursing.
This program is a yearlong journey which aims to support the Institute of Medicine’s recommendation in providing a transition-to-practice program for the newly graduated nurse.
The Nurse Resident
- As a Nurse Resident you will evolve through the Institute of Medicine’s Recommendation 3, “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.” This recommendation supports the completion of a residency program for a newly licensed nurse.
- Nurse Residents will enter the program during the orientation period. Throughout the orientation period the Nurse Resident is supported by the Clinical Preceptor.
- The length of the Residency Program is one year, with monthly four-hour sessions.
- Sessions are spent with content experts who explore a variety of clinically relevant topics.
- The Nurse Residency Program eases the transition to practice as a competent professional in the clinical environment.
- As a Nurse Resident, you will flourish in your career choice and strengthen your commitment to the profession of nursing.
What can I look forward to as a Nurse Resident?
- Integration into a cohort of peers
- Meeting Nurse Residents experiencing similar growth
- Content experts with up-to-the-minute patient information
- Nurse facilitators who guide you through the yearlong journey
- “Tales from the Bedside” reflective stories to support your transition to practice
- Participation in an evidence-based practice project
- Academic partnership with the Jefferson College of Nursing
- Graduation and presentation of EBP projects
- Peer for a Year – additional support after graduation
About the Program
- It was adopted as the Pennsylvania state model for nurse residency development.
- The program is recognized by the Institute of Medicine and The Joint Commission.
- It’s served over 100,000 nurse residents to date.
- The program is trusted by more than 375 hospitals and health systems nationwide
Nurse Residency Program Leadership
Janice Gibson, MSN, RN, CCRN, PCCN
Coordinator of the Nurse Residency Program
Jill Ziegler, MSN, RN, Nurse Educator
Nurse Residency Support Coordinator